Sunday, April 11, 2010

When Saying "Yes" is all to Easy!

The word "support" has nineteen different meanings and can be used as verb, adjective, or a noun. As I read each definition, I think of someone or something that I have supported throughout my 26 years of life.

Since I can remember, I have always been a giver. I have given so much of myself to others and not have anything left over for myself. I am guilty of putting causes, people, friends, family, nieces, school and everything else ahead of myself physically, financially, and mentally. Over the years, it has been so easy to say...."YES" to everything and everyone. "Yes" is an easy word. With that one word, you can avoid confrontation and become fully engulfed with everything and everyone except yourself. I have no regrets for the thousands of "Yes" I have said throughout my life because it is all apart of the growth. However, it is a word that I must choose to use sparingly and wisely from now.

I am thankful for each one of my supporters, cheerleaders, and teammates! Thank you for supporting me even when I wavered so many times before.

My foundation or support system is set.. and I can only take it one day at a time...

Giving of myself to causes and people were easy but taking control of my life and myself will be the hardest thing I do... Now is my time to learn to say NO!


The support that I received today was overwhelming... Thank you all for your words of encouragement.

1 comment:

Twitter / Destined2BFIT